NOTE: To those who are against the calling for a Convention of States to review, discuss, and act on implementing constitutional amendments to restore the sovereign powers of the states and restoring the separation of powers of the federal government on the grounds that it could lead to a “runaway convention”, I have to honestly ask…Has not the government already perverted the U.S. Constitution in it’s complete disregard for the 9th and 10th Amendments?
“As the British Constitution is the most subtle organism which has proceeded from the womb and long gestation of progressive history, so the American Constitution is, so far as I can see, the most wonderful work ever struck off at a given time by the brain and purpose of man.” — W. E. Gladstone, former Prime Minister of England (4 times, last serving in 1894)
Part one seemed to hit on all eight cylinders, as the responses I received were nearly unanimous in support of change, and definitely not the Change promised by the current president in his run-up to election, which has been a complete re-hash and expansion of business as usual.
While many looked the other way, a nominal investigation into the background of candidate Obama, would have foretold of the situation we find ourselves in today. . . the secrecy behind closed doors of the Administration, which has lead to the most dishonest reign of government to have ever been perpetrated upon the people of the United States.
The list of lies, mistruths, stretches of the imagination, downright deceit, and complete ineptness in global, economic, and monetary affairs, are so pervasive, history will have to write books to disclose and dissect them all.
Even today, we have many in the media, still blinded by their initial infatuation of having “the first black president”. They are still ardently willing to tell the public tall-tales, look the other way, make excuses, and buy into the lies and propaganda emanating from the White House spin doctors and the daily press briefings.
The press’s failure to question the glowing reports about a phony financial recovery, the battle against “militants” (failure by the President to even acknowledge the fact that the militants are fanatical Islamist murderers and barbarians), the unprecedented number of those receiving government assistance, the true unemployment/underemployment figures, the loss of family wealth, the destruction of the middle class, the growing financial consequences of Obamacare, the truth behind the legalization and amnesty of the illegal immigrants, and Obama’s canonization of his Marxist/socialist wet dream vision, defies credulity.
In his State of the Union address, Mr. Obama was still clinging to his belief in the stupidity of the American public and in particular, in his belief in the ignorance of Black America. While not mentioning these thoughts specifically, it is blatantly obvious that Obama believes those of color must be idiots, made up of mindless fools who are so dumb they persist in following failed Democrat Party policies, the likes of discredited Jesse Jackson, charlatan and tax cheat Al Sharpton, racist Louis Farrakhan, and do not have the ability to compete in a so-called “white privilege America”. The is so apparent by the very fact Sharpton was invited to the White House to sit at the table with the “decision makers as the president’s “go-to man” on race relations.
For those who doubt my words, why else would Obama state that after six years of his reign, the minorities in this great country are struggling as never before and that only by piling on more taxes on the wealthy (described as “those making over $250,000 per year”); forcing small businesses to provide more benefits; raising the minimum wage; calling child care a “must-have” for working families and his plan to create a $3,000 tax credit to alleviate its rising expense (more government handouts); and making a push for free community college tuition for all (a monumental mandated cost to the states). He has had six years, two of which involved complete control of both branches of Congress, and everyone who has a pair of eyes can see the country is going backwards under his rule.
With the mentality of those inside the Beltway, and in particular, the elected politicians we put in office from both parties, being of concern to many Americans, I believe it is time to review the options We the People have to restoring adherence to constitutional rule of law.
As I said in “Part 1 America – It ain’t over ’til the fat lady sings”, we have essentially only two real options: armed insurrection, a constitutional convention called for by the states, or as some like to believe, a third option, simply let our government run its course to complete collapse. The words of Abraham Lincoln should be shouted from every roof top:
“Don’t interfere with anything in the Constitution. That must be maintained, for it is the only safeguard of our liberties.” – Abraham Lincoln
Since part one was published, I have personally discussed the idea of a Convention of the States with many. The local political pundits and those who are fairly comfortable with letting our elected officials figure out what is wrong in Washington and then letting them take the necessary steps to “fix” the problems, generally voice the same concerns as those who routinely read from the Democrat playbook.
They contend any attempt to change the Constitution by amendments using a method that has not been used before (all 27 current amendments were accomplished in the traditional manner of actions by Congress, not the states), would lead to a runaway convention; inexorably destroy the Constitution; cause a complete loss of faith by the citizens of the country; and possibly lead to anarchy. . .hmmmmm; that sound like just about where we are today without a Convention of States!
For those who have not studied their history much , or those who have only studied the revisionist history that has been taught in the last 40 or so years, they probably have little knowledge of who the Founding Fathers were or what fears they had in setting up our democratic representative form of government.
Additionally, if they have not taken time to review the Federalist Papers and rely solely of the unabashed bastardization of our country’s founding by what is written in today’s history textbooks, I don’t believe they are qualified to render an opinion about how a Convention of States would function.
Furthermore it is doubtful they understand the built-in safeguards to our republic afforded by the Constitution, or the remedy that would occur in contrast to the belligerent, arrogant, and corrupt mismanagement of our country we are facing today.
A list of the abuses to the Constitution we have witnessed over the years, would require volumes of books to catalogue, but some of the most egregious can be summarized as follows:
- The Department of Education, and coming soon to our states and neighborhoods, Common Core, the largest attempt yet of the liberals to dumb-down our children; even supported by some of the rhino Republicans who love the status quo in Washington and understand the secret to their longevity in office is ignorant voters.
- The Environmental Protection Agency, an unelected bureaucracy with no basis for existence written in the Constitution, that has the power to restrict and seize your property with little or no recourse. Their rrogance makes them accountable to no one!
- The Department of Labor…would somebody please point out where the constitutional authority comes from for the existence of this bureaucratic nightmare that has the ability to “fix the unemployment numbers” to shroud the truth from the American public; and the power to force business to regulate hiring and firing using an obtuse “quota system mentality”, that insures a racially balanced, group of employees regardless of the qualifications such employees may possess?
- The National Debt and the unfunded mandates that will bury our children and grandchildren in servitude to repay the wild spending forced upon us by the federal government in their progressive agenda to be all things to all people who lack personal responsibility. A note here is that they have accomplished this primarily in the last two decades and have left the General Accounting Office with an unauditable budget due to sloppy and errant accounting, yet the government continues to spend our hard-earned money, with complete disregard. . . “WASHINGTON (January 17, 2013) – The U.S. Government Accountability Office (GAO) cannot render an opinion on the 2012 consolidated financial statements of the federal government because of widespread material internal control weaknesses, significant uncertainties, and other limitations.”
- Obamacare and its attempted assassination of small business and the full-time jobs which entrepreneurs used to create, goes well beyond an abuse of constitutional law to provide healthcare insurance to those unwilling and/or unable to pay for their own coverage. The whole problem of caring for the uninsured would have been solved by simply providing insurance through the states’ Medicaid programs. . . and a whole lot cheaper besides. For the Founding Fathers the issue of healthcare was discussed in their Constitutional Convention, and a quick reading of the Constitution shows that national healthcare was not one of the enumerated powers the federal government was granted, and was purposely omitted. I told you these guys were brilliant and had vision!
“Unless we put medical freedom into the Constitution, the time will come when medicine will organize into an undercover dictatorship to restrict the art of healing to one class of Men and deny equal privileges to others; the Constitution of the Republic should make a Special privilege for medical freedoms as well as religious freedom.” – Dr. Benjamin Rush, signer of the Declaration of Independence.
There 4400 words in the U.S. Constitution and yet if one were to look around, you could probably find more government bureaus, departments, agencies, and appointed paper-pushers that regulate your business, your home and even your life, than the number of words limiting government power in our Constitution. I defy any taxpaying voter to identify even 10 percent of the 137 agencies and bureaus just under the State Department. And while every list of government agencies is different (there are so many they can’t even be counted), there are thousands that appear to have one common goal, and that is to increase their authority on a daily basis by micro-managing our lives.
We will pick-up this discussion this next week, and look at what a Convention of States would entail, the pressing issues that need to be examined; how we can structure constitutional amendments that will once again restore our system of checks and balances; force the government to live within an affordable budget; reign-in the waste fraud and abuse that is apparent to all but those in power; and put America back on the path of global economic leadership.