Like most Veterans Today writers I receive a lot of email, much in response to my views on a particular subject, but I just as often receive many ideas readers send me for subjects about which to write. There...Learn More
Subscribe by Email
Who am I?
Following his service in the Marine Corps Ed Mattson built a diverse career in business in both sales/marketing and management. He is a medical research specialist (oncology) and published author. His latest book is Down on Main Street Searching for American Exceptionalism. Mr. Mattson is a columnist for several on-line Internet sites, and writes on military/Veterans affairs, government malfeasance, and interesting political topics. He also provides contract writing for several think-tank entities. Ed is currently Development Director of the National Guard Bureau of International Affairs-State Partnership Program, Fundraising Coordinator for the Warrior2Citizen Project, and Managing Partner of Center-Point Consultants in North Carolina. Mr. Mattson is a noted speaker and has addressed more than 3000 audiences in 42 states and 5 foreign countries. He has been awarded the Order of the Sword by American Cancer Society, is a Rotarian Paul Harris Fellow and appeared on countless radio and television talk-shows to discuss topics ranging from new cancer treatments, to international humanitarian aid projects; and from Veterans' care to political issues.
- America’s “Road to Perdition” in politics and the media
- Democrat Party . . . White sheets to brown shirts Part 1
- Democrat vs. Democratic
- They’re not just ignorant . . . stupid is as stupid does!
- A new and invigorated America beginning January 20, 2017
- “Califoregoton” – Yeah . . . Go for it!
- Government meddling equals predictable results
- Part 2 – The Second Amendment
- Part 1 -The importance of the Second Amendment
- The politically correct military